JOINT REPLACEMENT - VIEWSDate: 20 January 2016Description:
In most cases Joint replacement specially in the Knees are avoidable.
Before planning joint replacement one should look at any other possible options.
The criteria for joint replacement should be the following:
1. Pain - leading to constitutional problems.
2. Loss of functions - Secondary problems due to loss of functions.
3. Structural damage beyond repair and control.
PHYSIOTHERAPY - VIEWSDate: 20 January 2016Description:
Physiotherapy in Musculo-skeletal diseases is aimed at the following:
1. Reduction in pain.
2. Improvement in function.
3. Treatment of MSK condition.
4. Prevention of deformity and damage.
Best results are obtained by:
1. Self care training
2. Guided follow-up to assess progress, grade level of self exercise
3. A fully dependent Physiotherapy regime should be short and aimed at providing self dependence
BMD ANALYSIS - DISCRIPANCYDate: 20 January 2016Description:
Foot DEXA camps:
1. They are the most misleading malpractice in the detection of Osteoporosis.
2. They give a false sense of diagnosis and avoidance of correct care.
3. A simple risk assessment by patient can be done to plan a BMD analysis.
(Ref to SELF ASSESSMENT>OSTEOPOROSIS RISK)
TRY R.I.C.E. REGIMEDate: 20 January 2016Description:
R.I.C.E. IS THE FIRST LINE REGIME FOR ANY ACTIVE INFLAMMATION:
R - Rest the area/joint.
I - Ice Pack for 5 Minutes two times a day.
C - Compression bandage - crape bandage.
E - Elevation of the limb, area, joint above the level of the heart.